Ingredients for 4 persons:
1 frozen cod fillet of about 700-800 g, 1 k of potatoes, 1 litre of milk, 40 g of cornflour, 50g raw almonds, chives, nutmeg, extra virgin olive oil, pepper and salt.
1. Leave the cod to defrost and soak the almonds in a glass of milk for several hours.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut them into thick slices.
3. Strain the almonds, slice them with a knife and use the milk in which they have soaked by putting some of it in the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
4. Place the potatoes on top, season with a little extra virgin olive oil, pepper and salt.
5. Add the cod and sprinkle the fish with more pepper and salt.
6. Put the remaining milk in a pan with a pinch of salt, grated nutmeg and the cornflour. Let it thicken a little and cover the cod and potatoes with the sauce.
7. Top with the sliced almonds, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and the finely chopped chives. Cook in a medium oven for about 45 minutes.
DID YOU KNOW…
Almonds are a source of vegetable protein, rich in vitamin E and minerals such as calcium, iron, zinc, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus. Take advantage of their benefits and add them to your recipes.